Mercury Mission Control Center
NASA's Mercury Mission Control Center in Florida played a key role in the United States' early spaceflight program. Located at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, the original part of the building was constructed between 1956 and 1958, with additions in 1959 and 1963. The facility officially was transferred to NASA on Dec. 26, 1963, and demolished in spring 2010. This gallery pays tribute to its storied past.
Identifier 449575main_coverFilename 449575main_cover_full.jpgCreator NASADate 2010-04-30Mediatype imageRights Public DomainSource http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/449575main_cover_full.jpgYear 2010Publicdate 2010-12-17 00:24:38Addeddate 2010-12-17 00:24:38Backup_location ia903607_33